Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled with tails on, seasoned
1 lb. package of elbow pasta or your favorite
Salt, black pepper
1 T. Dried oregano
1 T. Dried basil
1 c. chopped onion mix
1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes (garlic and onion flavored)
3-4 T. sugar
½ to 1 c. white wine or pasta water
Grated parmesan cheese
Chopped chives, garnish
1. Boil pasta in salted water, drizzled with olive oil, until al dente. Drain and reserve about 1 c. of the pasta water. Set aside and keep warm.
2. In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil and put over medium heat.
3. Add onions and saute until tender.
4. Add the diced tomatoes, oregano, basil, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix well and saute for about 5-8 minutes. It should lose some of its liquid and start to thicken.
5. Add the seasoned shrimp and stirring occasionally, cook until shrimp are done.
6. Gradually add the pasta and mix after each addition. You may not use all the pasta. It will depend on how much you want to add. I usually add about half of the cooked pasta.
7. Taste for seasoning. If mixture is thick, gradually add some white wine or the pasta water to loosen it up a bit.
8. Garnish with chopped chives and sprinkle with parmesan cheese, if desired.
*****If I prepare this in ahead of time and it sits, it will thicken. Before serving, is when I heat up the dish and slowly add the white wine or the pasta water.