2-3 ears sweet corn, husks removed
2 T. corn oil
1/2 c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
1 t. chili powder
1 t. garlic powder
1 t. ground cumin
- Preheat a grill pan. Rub corn with oil and place on grill pan, turning corn so all sides are charred.
- Mix together, mayo, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Remove corn from grill and brush with mayo mixture.
- This is ready to eat, but for the salad, remove kernels from the cobs.
1 c. good quality olive oil
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of the 3 limes
½ c. good quality balsamic vinegar
¼ c. apple cider vinegar
¼ c. lemon juice
1 t. sweet paprika
1 t. dried oregano
1 T. minced garlic
1 t. chili powder
Salt, black pepper, to taste
1 bunch fresh cilantro or parsley, chopped
- Place olive oil, lime juice, lemon juice and vinegars in a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Taste if you need extra seasonings.
2-3 ears of grilled Mexican corn, remove kernels from cobs (see above recipe)
1 pt. of multi-colored cherry tomatoes, halved
½ c. finely chopped red onion
2-3 fresh jalapenos, seeded and minced
½ of each color bell pepper (red, yellow, orange), finely chopped
1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed, optional
2 English cucumbers, leave some peeling on and cut into bite size pieces
1 bunch chopped green onion
2-3 fresh avocados, diced, garnish
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dressing, stirring to mix. You may not use all of the dressing.
- Taste for any additional seasonings. Salad can be made 3-4 days ahead. I like to hold back the cucumbers and place the day before.
- I usually serve the diced avocado on the side. Let people add as they like. I do not put in the salad because it will turn dark. Looks better fresh and green on the side.
*If you do not want to do the Grilled Mexican Corn, just used boiled corn with salted water, to add flavor. If you want to kick up the corn, just add spices to the boiling water for the corn. I have actually used raw corn off the cob. The marinade seems to work the trick!
You can make this salad an entrée by adding grilled shrimp, chicken, ground beef, etc. You can also add other type of beans, rice, veggies, etc.