SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Alice's Fruitcake Cookies|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's Fruitcake Cookies
- 2 c. melted butter
- 1 lb. box light brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 6 c. flour
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- 1 c. milk
- 2 (16-oz.) container fruitcake fruit mix
- 1 (24-oz.) carton raisins
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. chopped dated
- 6 c. chopped pecans or walnuts
- Combine butter and sugar and beat until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add alternately with milk to the sugar/egg mixture. Mix well.
- Add fruit, dates and nuts. Mix this by hand until well blended.
- Drop by teaspoon full on greased baking sheet.
- Bake 300 for 20 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
*****Store in airtight containers. This makes about 20 dozen, depending on size of your cookie. I like to make small bite-size cookies. They freeze beautifully and make great Holiday gifts. Trust me, people who dislike fruitcake will love these cookies.