PATRIOTIC PARFAITSPUDDING:1 ½ c. milk3 T. cornstarch2 egg yolks1 c. half and halfPinch of salt½…
Alice's Chocolate Cake Pudding
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Recipe type: Cake
- ¾ c. sugar
- 1 c. flour
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 T. cocoa
- ½ c. milk
- 3 T. melted butter, cooled
- 1 t. vanilla
- Sift together cake ingredients of sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa.
- Grease 13x9” pan or smaller if you want thicker pudding type.
- Place the dry ingredients from step one in pan.
- Mix together milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients in pan. Take a fork and work it till it blends. Does not have to be perfect.
- In bowl, mix the topping ingredients of sugar, brown sugar and cocoa.
- Sprinkle over the cake base in pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Pour the water over the top of everything.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
*****Best served warm with whipped topping or ice cream. You can reheat individual servings in microwave if it gets cold. Freezes beautifully