Red Roosters Save Print Red Roosters Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients 4…
ALICE’S CHOCOLATE CAKE PUDDING
¾ c. sugar
1 c. flour
¼ t. salt
2 t. baking powder
2 T. cocoa
½ c. milk
3 T. melted butter, cooled
1 t. vanilla
½ c. sugar
½ c. brown sugar
¼ c. cocoa
1 c. chopped pecans
1 ½ c. water
- Sift together cake ingredients of sugar, flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa.
- Grease 13×9” pan or smaller if you want thicker pudding type.
- Place the dry ingredients from step one in pan.
- Mix together milk, butter and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients in pan. Take a fork and work it till it blends. Does not have to be perfect.
- In bowl, mix the topping ingredients of sugar, brown sugar and cocoa.
- Sprinkle over the cake base in pan.
- Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Pour the water over the top of everything.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
*Best served warm with whipped topping or ice cream. You can reheat individual servings in microwave if it gets cold. Freezes beautifully.