SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
ALICE’S CHICKEN SCALOPPINE WITH MUSHROOM WINE SAUCE
6-8 thin chicken breasts cutlets
1 stick butter
4 shallots, thinly sliced
1 (8-oz.) container of pearl onions, peeled
2 T. minced garlic
1 (8-oz.) carton sliced mushrooms
1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
1 c. white wine
½ c. chicken broth
1 (10-3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1 packet of McCormick’s dry mushroom gravy
Chopped parsley, garnish
- Season the cutlets with salt/red/black pepper. Rub the pesto all over the cutlets. Cover with saran wrap and place in refrigerator until ready to cook. Like to do day before or at least 3-4 hours before. Remove from refrigerator about 1 hour before preparing.
- In large skillet, drizzle bottom of dish with olive oil and place over medium heat.
- In shallow dish, place flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the cutlets in the flour and place in hot skillet. Do not crowd.
- Saute 2-4 minutes per sides (depending on thickness of cutlets). Remove from skillet and drain on paper towels and cover to keep warm.
- Drain off any excess oil from skillet.
- Add the butter and melt.
- Add shallots, pearl onions, bell peppers, garlic and saute 2-4 minutes, or until onions are tender.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add the wine and broth and simmer until reduces by half.
- Add the soup and gravy packet and whisk to mix well. If sauce gets too thick, add a little more broth to loosen the gravy.
- Add the cutlets back to skillet and spoon sauce over them. Simmer over low until everything is heated through. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
*Goes well with Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Balsamic Roasted Broccoli Spears.