Tuscan Lemon Pesto Baked Chicken
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2 whole fryers
- 2 large Vidalia onions, sliced
- 1 bell pepper of each color (red, orange, yellow, green), sliced into strips
- 1 (8-oz.) container of sliced mushrooms
- 4 strips of bacon
- 2 lemons
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Olive oil
- ½ (6.7 oz.) jar of pesto sauce
- 1 (8-oz.) container pico de gallo
- ¼ c. lemon juice
- White wine
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Take fryers, wash and pat dry. Season inside cavity and outside with salt, red/black pepper and garlic powder.
- In bowl, mix pesto and lemon juice. Rub inside fryer and outside the fryer.
- Cut lemons in half and wrap each half with the bacon, stick a spring of fresh rosemary in the wrap. Put two halves in each cavity of fryer.
- In large roasting pan, spray with PAM. Layer sliced onions and bell peppers and mushrooms. Drizzle with olive oil and put a little salt and pepper. Mix with your hands and spread out.
- Lay fryers on top.
- Pour about 1 cup of white wine in bottom of pan. Make sure there is enough to cover the whole bottom of pan.
- Drizzle with olive oil on top of fryers and sprinkle with paprika (this helps with the browning of the fryers.)
- Cover slightly with foil and bake at 375 for about 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and turn heat up to 400 and let cook another 20 minutes until golden brown and juice reduces and thickens.
- Take out of oven and let rest for 5-10 minutes and serve.