|Taco Burger|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 ½ lbs. ground chuck or turkey or chicken
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1.25-oz.) pkg. taco seasoning mix
- Salt, red/black pepper
- 6 burger buns
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin and separated into rings
- 2 c. shredded lettuce
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 c. finely shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ c. sliced pimento-stuffed olives
- ½ c. sliced jalapenos
- Brown beef and chopped onion in large skillet, stirring until meat crumbles. Drain well.
- Add tomato sauce and taco seasoning to meat. Stir well.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning.
- Split and toast buns.
- Place onion rings on bottom of bun. Top with meat. Then top each sandwich with lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives and jalapenos. Put top of bun on.
*****Makes 6 sandwiches.