WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Sharla’s Sinful Angel Food Cake Delight
|Sharla's Sinful Angel Food Cake Delight|| |
Recipe By: Sharla Doherty
Sharla's Sinful Angel Food Cake Delight
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. light cream cheese, softened
- 1 can condensed milk
- ⅓ c. lemon juice
- 2 t. almond extract
- 2 ½ c. sliced fresh strawberries or blueberries, or berries of your choice
- Whole strawberries for garnish
- 1 (16-oz.) container Cool Whip
- Cut the 1” off the top of the cake, horizontally. Save the top.
- Cut into the inside of the cake along the inner and outer edges, like a tunnel around the cake. Hollow out the cake. Tear the hollow cake into bite size pieces and set aside.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and beat until blended.
- Stir in lemon juice and almond extract.
- Mix the bite size pieces of cake with your berries of choice and fold into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon this mixture into the tunnel of the cake.
- Place the top that you sliced off back on top of the cake.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, frost with Cool whip and garnish with berries.
*****This is a very simple but most elegant dessert from my friend, Sharla Doherty. I believe she got it from one of her daughters. If you want to impress your guests, try this recipe. They will think you slaved for hours. For a little change, you could mix in some chocolate pudding or mousse with the fruit/cream cheese. Extra Yummy for you CHOCOLATE FOODIES! So good and refreshing!
This Post Has 0 Comments