Sausage and Spinach Party Cups
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. hot Jimmy Dean sausage (bulk type-loose like ground meat)
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 (8-oz.) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 c. Italian bread crumbs
- 2 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. Greek yogurt or plain yogurt
- Salt and black pepper
- 2 cans flaky biscuits, non-buttered type
- Brown sausage in large pot.
- Add onion and garlic. Drain off excess grease from sausage.
- Add spinach, mushrooms, bread crumbs, cheese, yogurt, and seasoning. Mix well.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Spray PAM in miniature muffin tins.
- Take biscuits and split each biscuit in half.
- Place each half of biscuit into the muffin tin and push down and up sides so it makes a little cup.
- Put heaping teaspoon of mixture into each cup.
- You can freeze at this point. Once frozen, remove from tin and place in zip lock bags.
- If baking right away, place in 375 oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown. If frozen, thaw and place on baking sheet and bake same way.
*****You will have leftover spinach mixture. I freeze this or stuff mushrooms and freeze them. You can make this without sausage. Remember you can use these little biscuit cups for almost any hot dip or stuffing you might have not just this recipe. *****You can put the biscuit half into a larger muffin pan. You might want to roll the dough with a rolling pin to have it fit the tin. This way you can use as a side dish for a luncheon,etc.