Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
¼ c. unsalted butter, softened
2 c. firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
1 t. vanilla
1 2/3 c. flour
1 ½ t. baking soda
½ t. salt
2/3 c. heavy whipping cream
½ c. powdered sugar
1 c. chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven 350.
2. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and 1 ½ c. brown sugar with electric mixer at medium until fluffy. Stopping to scrape bowl sides.
4. Add egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
5. In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
6. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined.
7. Scoop dough using 1 ½” spring-loaded ice cream scoop and drop 2” apart onto pans.
8. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes.
9. Remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.
10. In small saucepan, bring cream and remaining brown sugar to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
11. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
12. Remove from heat and stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
13. Spread warm sugar mixture onto cookies and sprinkle with pecans.
14. Let stand until set, about 8-10 minutes.
15. Store in airtight container.
*****Makes about 2 dozen.