Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
Maw- Maw's Broccoli and Pasta Soup
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 large head of broccoli or small bags of fresh broccoli (equal to 1 head)
- 3 cans of vegetable or fat-free chicken broth
- 3 cans water
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 package thin vermicelli pasta
- 2-3 T. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Cut broccoli into small pieces. You can use the stalk if not too tough.
- Put broccoli in large soup pot and add the broth and water.
- Add the onion and garlic.
- Cover loosely and let simmer until broccoli becomes very tender and starts to break apart.
- Break pasta into 2” pieces. Place into broccoli soup base.
- Add olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Cook over low heat until pasta is done.
- You can add more water or broth if too thick.
- When serving, put more fresh black pepper, drizzle of olive oil and grated fresh parmesan cheese.