Mock Potato Salad
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and cut into medium chunks
- 4-6 boiled eggs
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ c. sweet relish
- 1-2 T. Tabasco
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 T. bottled French dressing
- 1 T. vinegar
- 2 T. yellow mustard
- ⅓ c. Miracle Whip or Mayo
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Green or black olives
- Fresh pico de gallo or pimento
- Place cauliflower in boiling salted water. Cook until tender but not mushy. Drain and place in bowl. Take 2 sharp knives and cut through the cauliflower and cut into pieces. Not too small.
- Boil eggs. Peel eggs and place white of eggs in bowl and cut into small pieces. Place diced celery and onion and relish in bowl.
- Place yolks in separate bowl.
- Mash yolks. Add Tabasco, catsup, French dressing, vinegar. Mix and make a not too stiff paste.
- Put paste into the bowl with cauliflower and egg whites. Mix well. Add miracle whip or mayo. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with olives and fresh pico de gallo or pimento.
*****If you prefer your potato salad more of a mashed potato texture then use mixer and do it to cauliflower. Also if you like your potato salad with different ingredients, then add those ingredients. The mock potato salad will not taste exactly like potato salad but is very close and such a good substitute. I like mine to be tangy so adjust if you like a different type of taste.