SOPHISTICATED CHOCOLATE BOURBON BALLS1 ¼ c. crushed chocolate wafer cookies1 c. powdered sugar2/3 c. toasted…
|Mac and Cheese Carbonara|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Mac and Cheese Carbonara
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1” thick piece pancetta, cut in small dice
- 3 T. minced garlic
- 3 T. flour
- 6-7 c. whole milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly whisked
- 1 T. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Red pepper
- 2 c. freshly grated Asiago cheese, plus more for topping
- 1 ½ c. White cheddar, plus more for topping
- 1 ½ c. Yellow sharp cheddar, plus more for topping
- 1 c. grated Fontina cheese, plus more for topping
- ½ c. freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for topping
- Salt, black pepper
- 1 lb. elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ c. chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven 350. Butter bottom and sides of 3 qt. baking dish and set aside.
- Heat oil in saute pan. Add pancetta and cook until golden on all sides. Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Add garlic to pan and cook until lightly golden.
- Whisk in flour and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk in 6 c. hot milk, increase heat to high and cook whisking constantly until thickened.
- Whisk in eggs until incorporated and let cook 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in thyme, red pepper and all of the cheeses, until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper. If mixture is too thick, add some of remaining milk ¼ c. at a time.
- Place cooked pasta in large bowl, add cheese sauce, pancetta and parsley. Stir until combined.
- Transfer to prepared pan. Combine about ¼ c. of each of the cheeses and sprinkle evenly over the top of the pasta.
- Bake in oven until heated through and top is lightly golden brown, about 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with paprika for added color.