|Kale, Pasta and White Bean Soup|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, cut into ½” pieces
- 3 T. minced garlic
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 1 T. fresh chopped thyme
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 2 c. chicken broth
- ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ c. cooked small pasta, like shell or ditalini
- 1 (15-oz.) can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) fresh kale
- In large Dutch oven, add bacon and cook until crisp.
- Add onion, cook, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add carrots, garlic, tomato paste, thyme and cook until carrots soften. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add broth and 6 cups of water. Increase heat, cover and bring to boil.
- Add pasta and beans and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
- Add kale, simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened.
- Stir in half of grated cheese and season to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and top with remaining cheese.