REFRESHING WATERMELON GRANITA6 c. chopped seedless watermelon¼ c. sugar¼ c. fresh lime juice½ t. kosher…
|Hot and Spicy Hush Puppies|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Hot and Spicy Hush Puppies
- 1 c. yellow cornmeal
- ¾ c. self-rising flour
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. sugar
- 1 t. red pepper
- ½ small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, sliced thin
- 1 large egg, beaten
- ¼ c. grated Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Vegetable oil
- Mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl to form a thick batter.
- Dip large tablespoon in water. Using the spoon scoop up some of the batter and drop into hot oil (heated to 375.) Work in batches.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels. Serve with fried fish, etc.
*****Just a note that the frozen hush puppies you can buy in grocery store are just as good if you are in a pinch for time.