FANCY PARMESAN CARROTS WITH LEMON-PARSLEY DRESSING½ c. water¼ c. chopped shallots1 lb. medium carrots, cut…
|Fish Fry for Fried Fish|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Fish Fry for Fried Fish
- 2 c. yellow cornmeal
- 2 T. red pepper
- 3 T. Creole Seasoning
- 2 t. black pepper
- 1 t. celery salt
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 1 t. onion powder
- 1 T. salt
- 1 can beer
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- Filets of fish or whole fish
- Peanut oil
- Thin slices of Vidalia onions
- Mix all dry ingredients. Don’t be afraid to use red pepper when frying. Pepper cooks out and salt cooks in.
- If you want to make a batter, mix the beaten eggs with beer and buttermilk.
- Coat the fish with mustard and season with salt and pepper. Let marinade overnite or for about 2 hours.
- When ready to fry fish, heat peanut oil in black pot. Let temperature stay between 350-375. Make sure temperature is there before adding fish. When you add fish the temperature will drop a little and come back up.
- Take fish and dip in liquid batter and then in seasoned fish fry. Shake off excess.
- Gently lay fish into hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Leave space between the fish pieces.
- Depending on size of fish, you will flip once. Just watch that it gets golden brown on each side.
- Drain on paper towels. Squeeze fresh lemon over fish.
*****I like to take thin Vidalia onions and lay them in bottom of pan of which I am serving the fish. After draining fish, lay over the top of onions. The heat and moisture will wilt the onions somewhat. Serve with catsup, tartar or cocktail sauce.