3 (4-oz.) Italian sausage links, sliced1 medium Vidalia onion, finely chopped1 c. chopped fennel bulb3…
3 T. butter
1 medium Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
3 T. minced garlic
¼ c. white wine or veggie broth/stock
1 ½ c. half and half
1 c. heavy cream
1 c. freshly grated pecorino, plus more for garnish
Kosher salt/black pepper, to taste
12 oz. cavatappi, penne or short pasta
2 bunches fresh asparagus, end trimmed and cut into 1” pieces
4 oz. fresh sugar snap peas, cut in half or leave whole
1 c. fresh parsley, chopped
½ c. fresh mint, chopped
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- Add garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Pour in wine and scrape up any browned bits from pan.
- When wine is reduced by less than half, stir in half and half and simmer until thickened slightly.
- Add heavy cream and continue to stir.
- Add cheese and stir until bubbly and slightly thick. Add salt/black pepper to taste.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- In the last minute of cooking pasta, add asparagus and sugar snap peas.
- Drain pasta and veggies and add to the sauce.
- Add parsley and mint, toss to combine. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish with extra cheese.