Tart Lemon Cheese Cake Tart Lemon Cheese Cake Save Print Tart Lemon Cheese Cake…
4 lbs. slender yams, peeled and cut into 1” thick slices
½ c. frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
4 T. butter, melted
3 T. light brown sugar
1 T. salt
1 T. black pepper
1 t. ground cumin
1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
2 t. cornstarch
1 T. cold water
½ c. parsley, finely chopped
1 T. orange zest
1 T. minced garlic
3 slices good quality bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place yams into 5-6 quart crock pot.
- Stir together OJ concentrate, butter, brown sugar, salt, black pepper, cumin and rosemary in a bowl. Pour over yams, tossing to coat.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 ½-6 hours or until tender.
- Transfer yams to serving dish with slotted spoon.
- Increase crock pot to HIGH.
- Whisk together cornstarch and 1 T. cold water until smooth.
- Whisk this cornstarch mixture into cooking liquid in crock pot.
- Cook, whisking constantly, 3-5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Spoon over yams.
- Stir together parsley, zest and garlic. Sprinkle over yams along with crumbled bacon.