Stuffed Piquante Peppers Save Print Recipe By: Alice Morrow Ingredients Assorted colors of…
1 sleeve whole-wheat Ritz Crackers, finely crushed
1 c. flour
Salt, red/black pepper
2 c. buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 lb. cleaned, peeled small shrimp
Fresh lemon wedges
Cocktail or tartar sauce
1. Combine the crushed crackers, flour, salt, red/black pepper in a shallow bowl.
2. In another bowl, beat eggs and add buttermilk.
3. Season the shrimp and add to the buttermilk mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. In a deep black pot or Dutch oven, add about 2-3” of the oil and place over medium-high heat.
5. With slotted spoon, remove some of the shrimp and toss in the cracker mixture.
6. Fry 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
7. Repeat mixture until all shrimp are cooked.
8. Serve over lettuce bed, lemon wedges and your favorite dipping sauce.