Good Morning Foodies! Hope you had a very nice Memorial Day weekend. Just a reminder…
Creamy Potato Soup
|Creamy Potato Soup|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 medium Yukon gold or red potatoes, peeled and diced into small cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 T. butter
- ½ t. onion salt
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 (13-oz.) can chicken broth
- ¼ t. dried sweet basil
- ⅓ c. instant potato flakes
- 1 pt. half and half (can be fat-free)
- Chopped green onions
- Grated cheddar cheese
- Crumbled bacon bits
- Saute onion in butter until soft.
- Add diced potatoes and cook until tender.
- Season with onion salt, regular salt and pepper.
- Add broth and basil.
- Simmer covered, until potatoes are tender.
- Add instant potato flakes. Stir until well blended. If you want a total puree soup, at this point use the hand immersion blender or place in food processor and puree it or you can leave it chunky.
- Add half and half. Heat over low heat until hot. Do not boil. Taste for seasoning.
- Garnish each bowl with some of the green onion, cheese and bacon bits.
This Post Has 0 Comments