Crawfish Au Gratin Dip in Bread Bowl
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 T. butter
- 2 bunches green onions, tops and bottoms, chopped
- 4 T. flour
- 1 c. whipping cream
- ½ c. white wine
- 2 t. salt
- 2 t. red pepper
- 1 t. Tabasco
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 12 oz. Velveeta Mexican Jalapeno cheese, grated
- 6 oz. swiss cheese, grated
- 2 lbs. crawfish tails
- Saute onions in butter in glass casserole dish that fits your microwave for 6 minutes – uncovered.
- Add flour, cream, wine and seasoning to the casserole dish from step 1. Microwave for 4 minutes – uncovered. Stir in 12 oz. Velveeta Mexican Jalapeno cheese, grated, 6 oz. swiss cheese, grated. Mix until well blended. Add crawfish and stir.
- Cover with lid or wax paper and cook for 12 minutes.
- Serve in chafing dish or Hawaiian bread bowl. Serve with melba toasts or corn chips.
*****Hawaiian Bread is usually in frozen section. Thaw and cut out the middle of bread. You can take cold crawfish dip and place in bread. Place on baking sheet and bake 275 until bubbly. This dip freezes well. I have also taken leftover and mixed with noodles to make sort of a fettuccini casserole. You can also take this and place on large portabella mushroom cap and heat and serve as appetizer or side dish. ENJOY LYCIA!!!!!!!!!!!