Chicken Veggie Kebobs
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 pieces of boneless chicken (breast/thighs-whichever you prefer)
- McCormick Lemon Herb Marinade or your favorite
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 1-2 links of low fat sausage (chicken, turkey, pork, etc.) cut into thick slices
- ½ of each bell pepper (red, orange, yellow, green)-cut into large pieces
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- Wishbone Italian Dressing
- Cut chicken into good size chunks, season and along with the sausage place in Ziploc bag with Lemon Herb marinade. Do this overnite or for 2-3 hours.
- Prep veggies and place in ziplock bag with Italian dressing and refrigerate.
- One hour before grilling, place chicken and sausage on skewers and the veggies on separate skewers. *****They have different cooking times. Also if you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 15 minutes. This keeps them from burning or catching on fire.
- Grill and baste with Lemon Butter Sauce.
*****I serve this over sauté crawfish, fresh corn and brown rice. With the leftover chicken, sausage and veggies I will boil some short type pasta and mix and have a wonderful dish.