Cheesy Cresent City Roll Ups
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 can of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (or more if you need to make more)
- Egg white of one egg
- 2 t. water
- Wedges of Laughing Cow Cheese or Crumbled Feta or Goat Cheese or any Cheese that you may like. (I actually had a cheddar cheese ball that was rolled in chopped almonds left over and use some of it and it worked perfectly.)
- Follow directions on can of crescent rolls and make your wedges or you can make one big rectangle.
- Spray a baking sheet with PAM and heat oven to 375.
- Take each wedge of the dough and spread it a little with your hands or a rolling pin. If you do one big rectangle, just spread your filling and then just roll it up.
- Put a thin layer of your cheese choice and roll up the crescent roll as stated on the can.
- Place on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg white and water.
- Brush the top of the rolled up crescent roll with the egg white. This helps give it a golden color.
- Bake in oven until golden brown. Watch carefully.
- Remove from oven and let set for about 2 minutes so the cheese can sort of congeal.
*****I like to make these for appetizers or serve with nice soups. Let your imagination run wild with different fillings. You can also make them sweet with fig preserves and goat cheese, etc.