WONDERFUL WATERMELON MINT ICED TEA1 watermelon (to make 2 c. of melon juice)2 mint tea…
Cajun Boudin Stuffed Quail with Cranberry-Bourbon Sauce
CAJUN BOUDIN-STUFFED QUAIL WITH CRANBERRY-BOURBON SAUCE
1 lb. good quality boudin
4-6 semi-boneless quail, legs trussed
1 c. fresh cranberries
½ c. sugar
¼-1/2 c. bourbon
Salt, black pepper if needed
- Preheat oven 350.
- Place boudin aside.
- Season quail with Creole seasoning.
- In large cast-iron skillet, cover bottom with canola oil and put over high heat.
- Add quail and cook until browned on all sides.
- Arrange quail in skillet breast side up and bake until fully cooked, about 10-20 minutes.
- Remove quail from skillet and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Stuff each quail with warm boudin and set aside.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, add cranberries, sugar and enough water to cover berries.
- Bring to boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer until berries begin to pop.
- Remove from heat, let cool slightly, and transfer to the container of blender or food processor.
- Add ¼ c. bourbon. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add more bourbon to taste, if desired. Blend until combined.
- Serve quail and remaining boudin with cranberry sauce.