EASY HOMEMADE IRISH CREAM1 T. instant espresso powder1 T. best-quality Dutch-process cocoa powder1 (14-oz.) can…
Brie in Puff Pastry
|Brie in Puff Pastry|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, (2 sheets per package)
- 1 (8-oz.) round wheel of Brie, cut in half crosswise
- 1 T. butter
- ½ c. walnuts, pecans or almonds or combination
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten with 1 T. water
- Pepper Jelly, optional
- Sliced pears and apples, optional
- Unfold puff pastry and place on lightly floured surface and with rolling pin, roll dough until smooth.
- In skillet, melt butter and toast nuts of your choice.
- Place the bottom half of the brie on the puff pastry.
- Gently pack the brown sugar on top of brie and then place nuts on top of it.
- Top with remaining half of brie, cut side down.
- Trim the excess puff pastry. Leave about 2-3” border around the brie.
- Save extra pastry to make decorative pieces, if desired.
- Gather up the edges of pastry and press around the brie and gather at the top. You can take kitchen twine and tie up the gathered part at the top.
- Brush the beaten egg/water mixture over the top and sides of brie.
- Place on baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Using cookie cutters, you can cut designs from the excess puff pastry, like leaves, hearts, etc. and place on top of brie and brush these with egg mixture also.
- Bake for 20 minutes in 400 degree oven or until pastry is golden brown.
- Let sit for 3 minutes before serving with crackers or fruit slices. You can take pepper jelly and place on top of brie and sprinkle with more nuts if you like.
*****You can change up fillings with different nuts or you can make it savory with pesto, sun-dried tomatoes, etc. You can also use different preserves like apricot, etc. Use your imagination!
This Post Has 0 Comments