Brennan's Bread Pudding
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Recipe type: Bread Pudding
- 3 c. heavy cream
- 10 oz. white chocolate, melted
- 1 c. milk
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- Stale French bread, cut into 1” slices
- 1 c. raisins, optional
- 1 c. chopped pecans, optional
- Heat the heavy cream and add the chocolate.
- Stir and mix until blended and melted.
- In double boiler, heat the milk and whole eggs and yolks. Whisk over double boiler.
- Combine the chocolate mixture with the egg mixture.
- If you would like to add the raisins and nuts, do so at this point. Add to the sauce mixture.
- Place bread in pan, with pieces touching.
- Pour sauce over it and let stand 15 minutes.
- Cover with foil and bake 275 for 1 hour.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- Cut in squares or spoon out into individual serving dishes.
- Top with sauce.