Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1-2 T. olive oil
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 2 c. canned chicken broth
- 1⅓ c. water
- 1 ¼ c. long-grain rice or brown rice, uncooked
- ½ lb. fresh asparagus
- ¼ c. diced sweet red pepper
- ¼ c. diced sweet yellow pepper
- 2 T. chopped fresh parsley
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Coat a large saucepan with PAM. Add olive oil, to cover bottom.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
- Add broth and water and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus, wash and cut into 1” pieces.
- Arrange asparagus and peppers in veggie steamer over boiling water. Cover and steam 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add veggies to cooked rice mixture. Toss gently. Stir in parsley and remaining ingredients. Taste for seasoning.
*****You can change the types of rice and veggies and at the end add cooked chicken, meats or seafood if you like.