Alice's Tuna Fish Stuffed Tomato or Avocado or Tuna Fish on Ciabatta Bread
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (12-oz.) can Solid White Albacore Tuna Packed in Water, drained
- 4-6 boiled eggs, diced
- 1-2 stalks of celery, finely diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ½ c. sweet pickle relish
- ¼ c. yellow mustard
- Black pepper
- Miracle Whip or Mayo
- Whole Tomatoes, cored and meat pulled out, optional
- Whole Avocados, split in half, optional
- Ciabatta Bread, optional
- Boil eggs, peel and dice and place in bowl.
- Drain tuna and with a fork or two knives, shred the tuna and place in bowl with diced eggs.
- Add the celery, onion, relish, mustard to the egg/tuna mixture. Mix well.
- Sprinkle black pepper over the top and mix. If you want to add salt you can. I prefer not to add salt to my tuna fish.
- Slowly add the miracle whip or mayo a spoonful at a time and mix until you get the consistency you desire. Taste for seasoning.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
*****I use this for stuffing avocados, tomatoes or making the best sandwiches on good crispy bread like Ciabatta, where you can add different cheeses, sliced tomatoes or nice leafy green lettuces or spinach. See my recipe for grilled tuna sandwich. Yummy!!!