Alice’s Overnight Pork Roast
|Alice's Overnight Pork Roast|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (5-6 lb.)Boston Butt Roast, seasoned and stuffed with garlic
- 1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
- 1 c. red or white wine (whatever you have on hand)
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 can Mushroom steak sauce
- 1 can Ro-tel
- 1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- Season and stuff roast. This roast has a lot of fat on it so don’t be afraid of the size of the roast. There is a lot of loss.
- Preheat oven 500.
- In Dutch oven, add the onion mix, wine, broth, Ro-tel, and mushroom steak sauce.
- Place roast in. Cover and put in oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and let the roast sit in oven for 10-12 hours. Do not open the oven in this 10-12 hour period.
- After 10-12 hours, take roast out of oven and place on stovetop.
- Remove roast from the pot.
- Take about 1 c. of gravy out and blend in about 2 T. flour. Blend until smooth.
- Add back to the rest of gravy. Add mushrooms, green onions and roast.
- Cover and let simmer until heated throughout.
- Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.
*****If I have any leftover roast, I like to shred it and make po-boys or sloppy joes. This is the easiest and most delicious roast. My son had told me that he tried this recipe with venison and was very good!
This Post Has 0 Comments