Alice's Overnight Pork Roast
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (5-6 lb.)Boston Butt Roast, seasoned and stuffed with garlic
- 1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
- 1 c. red or white wine (whatever you have on hand)
- 2 c. beef broth
- 1 can Mushroom steak sauce
- 1 can Ro-tel
- 1 (8-oz.) container sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- Season and stuff roast. This roast has a lot of fat on it so don’t be afraid of the size of the roast. There is a lot of loss.
- Preheat oven 500.
- In Dutch oven, add the onion mix, wine, broth, Ro-tel, and mushroom steak sauce.
- Place roast in. Cover and put in oven for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and let the roast sit in oven for 10-12 hours. Do not open the oven in this 10-12 hour period.
- After 10-12 hours, take roast out of oven and place on stovetop.
- Remove roast from the pot.
- Take about 1 c. of gravy out and blend in about 2 T. flour. Blend until smooth.
- Add back to the rest of gravy. Add mushrooms, green onions and roast.
- Cover and let simmer until heated throughout.
- Serve over rice, noodles or potatoes.
*****If I have any leftover roast, I like to shred it and make po-boys or sloppy joes. This is the easiest and most delicious roast. My son had told me that he tried this recipe with venison and was very good!