THREE ZOODLE NOODLE ALFREDO1 (12-oz.) carton zucchini zoodles1 (12-oz.) carton butternut squash zoodles1 (12-oz.) carton…
|Alice's Butternut Squash and Yam Bisque|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
Alice's Butternut Squash and Yam Bisque
- 4 large butternut squash or about 6 lbs.
- 8-10 medium yams, washed and cubed
- 2 lbs. baby carrots or wafer cut
- 3 large Vidalia onions, cut into chunks
- 1 lb. bag small baby Yukon gold potatoes
- 6-8 boxes of chicken or veggie broth
- 1 qt. of water, more or less
- 3 cans cream of potato soup
- 1 stick of butter, optional
- Salt, black pepper, garlic powder to taste
- Milk, half and half, optional
- Sour cream, dollop, optional
- 3-4 lbs. fresh crawfish tails or 4 lbs. small/medium shrimp or 4 lbs. lump crabmeat or combination of any (I like to use 4 lbs. shrimp and 4 lbs. crabmeat.) You need a total of 6-8 lbs. of some seafood. TOTALLY OPTIONAL!!!!
- Wash the squash and place in aluminum roasting pan. Bake in 350 oven until tender.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Cut in half, remove seeds and peeling. Cube the squash and set aside.
- In large stock pot, place the yams, carrots, onions and potatoes in it.
- Pour enough broth to cover the veggies and add the water.
- Let it come to a boil and then lower heat and let simmer until veggies are tender.
- Place the squash in and let simmer for another 30 minutes.
- With a hand held immersion blender, puree the veggies in the broth.
- Add the can soup and blend well and taste for seasoning.
- At this point you can add a stick of butter to add to the richness but not necessary.
- You can serve the bisque as is or you can thin it with milk. This depends on how thick or thin you like your bisque. Add a dollop of sour cream on each bowl served.
*****If you decide to add crawfish or shrimp place them in when you add the can soup and let simmer for 15 minutes. If you add crabmeat just add at the end so that it can heat up. This only takes about 5-8 minutes.