DELICIOUS BERRY GRATIN WITH CHAMPAGNE SABAYON1-2 c. fresh mixed berries (strawberry, blueberry, raspberry)3 T. sparkling…
|Torrone - I got a request for this recipe today!|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 2⅔ c. superfine sugar
- ⅔ c. light corn syrup
- ½ c. water
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 2 t. vanilla
- 1 t. orange extract, optional-depending if you add fruit
- 1 t. almond extract
- ½ c. diced candied fruit, optional (can be mixed or single fruit additions)
- 1 c. almond slivers, extra for topping
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers 260.
- Meanwhile, with an electric mixer, beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- When sugar reaches 260, slowly pour in a thin stream into egg whites, while mixer is running.
- Add extracts, beat on medium speed for 13 minutes then, fold in candied fruit if you like. If adding fruit, beat another 2 minutes.
- Fold in the almonds.
- Pour mixture into 9” square cake pan that is sprayed with PAM or buttered and then dust with flour.
- Top with remaining almonds and fruit if you like.
- Let sit overnight and then cut into serving pieces.
*****Serves 12-16, depending on size of cut pieces.