Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Angel Hair Pasta
|Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Angel Hair Pasta|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (12-oz.) package angel hair pasta
- ½ c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Vidalia onion, finely chopped
- 12 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-3 t. crushed red pepper flakes, this is where the pepper comes in
- 1 (15-oz.) can Italian tomato sauce
- 3 T. tomato paste
- 1 ½-2 lbs. medium-large shrimp, seasoned with black pepper, kosher salt and garlic powder
- ⅓ c. chopped fresh parsley and extra for garnish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a large sauté pan, heat the olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Add the onions and sauté until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic for about 45 seconds. You will smell the fragrance of the garlic.
- Add the red pepper flakes and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add the tomato paste and sauce. Blend well. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add seasoned shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes until shrimp turn pink.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemon over it and blend.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Add 2 T. olive oil to water. Add the pasta. Cook until tender.
- When you drain the pasta, save 1 c. of the pasta water.
- When ready to eat, make sure shrimp mixture is hot. Add the pasta to the shrimp mixture along with pasta water. Make sure all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
- Add the parsley.
- To serve up, take large pasta bowl, twirl the pasta into the bowl. Then make sure the shrimp are mostly on the outside for show and garnish with more parsley. Serve fresh parmesan cheese on it or let guests put their own.
This Post Has 0 Comments