Pickled Black-Eye Pea Salad
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 5 (15-oz.) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 3 (2¼ –oz.) cans pitted, sliced black olives, drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ½ c. sliced red onions
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 2 c. good olive oil
- ¾ c. red wine vinegar
- Minced fresh parsley, garnish
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 t. Tabasco or to taste
- 2 c. cooked macaroni, optional
- Combine peas, olives, bell peppers, onions, and garlic in a container.
- In another bowl, mix olive oil, vinegar and parsley.
- Pour over the pea mixture.
- Add parsley and season to taste.
- If you want to add more to the pea salad, add the pasta.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least 24 hours.
******Serve cold or room temperature. Always taste for seasoning after the 24 hour marinating time. This is a great dish to serve to large crowds and can sit out on the counter without worries!