Four Cheeses and Spinach Stuffed Mushrooms
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Large Portabella Mushroom Cap (number depends on what you are serving or 30 medium regular mushroom caps
- 1 (10-oz.) pkg. frozen chopped spinach
- 1 c. Miracle Whip
- ¼ c. grated Romano Cheese
- ¼ c. grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ c. shredded swiss cheese
- ¼ c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Tabasco to taste
- Creole seasoning to taste
- Pimento strips, optional
- Select 30 uniform sized mushrooms and remove stems or large portabella mushroom caps. Save stems for other recipes like for gravies, etc.
- Place frozen spinach on a microwave safe dish. Cut open top and microwave for 5-7 minutes until tender. When spinach is cool, squeeze all liquid out.
- Add all the ingredients to the spinach. Stir until blended. Taste for seasoning.
- Spoon a heaping tablespoon of mixture into caps or enough to fill large cap. Garnish with paprika or pimento strips.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
- Place on baking sheet that is sprayed with PAM and place in 375 oven for 5-8 minutes for small mushrooms. The larger mushroom may take a little longer. You should be able to take a sharp knife and insert into mushroom and it should be tender. Remove from oven and serve. You can do the small mushrooms in microwave for about 4-5 minutes. I would not recommend the larger one. Once the larger one is cooked you can reheat in microwave.
*****You can use different stuffings for mushrooms.