Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6-8 lbs. crawfish tails
- 1 stick butter
- 2-16 oz. containers of pre-chopped onion mixture
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can of celery soup
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- Melt butter in your pot. Add onions and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, empty crawfish tails into it. Season with salt, red/black pepper and garlic powder.
- Save the bags to get the crawfish fat residue out.
- Add ½ of the small can of tomato paste, ½ of the can of the two soups. Blend well into the onion mixture.
- Add crawfish tails and mix well.
- Take the crawfish bags and put about 1-2” of water in bags and shake around to get the fat residue. Pour into the pot.
- When all bags are done, add additional water to loosen the mixture. Do not put too much water.
- From this point on it only takes 15-20 minutes for the crawfish to cook over medium-low heat. Taste for seasoning.
- Top with green onions. Serve over rice.
*****I know everyone has their own recipe for crawfish etouffee so if you like yours go with it. Just always make extra for the following. *****Leftovers: Crawfish Fettuccini; Crawfish cakes; You can use leftovers to put as your layer under the bake fish instead of the shrimp in the previous recipe; Also add to the Corn Saute and mix with pasta or mix with rice and stuff tomatoes or peppers.