Chicken Tortilla Soup
|Chicken Tortilla Soup|| |
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3-4 lbs. of deboned chicken (leftovers from baked chicken or rotisserie chicken) or fresh chicken tenders-cut into bite size pieces.
- 3 pkgs. Bear Creek Chicken Tortilla Soup Mix or brand that you like
- 3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans mexicorn, drained
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Green Salsa
- 1 jar Mrs. Renfro’s Black Bean Salsa
- 2 cans white shoepeg corn, drained
- 2 (8-oz.) containers of chopped onion mix
- 3 T. chopped garlic
- Salt, red/black pepper and cumin to taste
- Monterey Jack Cheese, for garnish
- Debone chicken. If using fresh chicken, cut into bite size pieces, season with salt, red/black pepper and cumin and sauté in a little olive oil and drain.
- After removing the chicken from browning, add onions and garlic and sauté. If chicken is already cooked just go ahead and do this step first.
- Follow directions on Tortilla Soup Mix .
- Add all ingredients except cheese in a large pot.
- Add chicken to soup mixture.
- Season to taste.
- Let simmer 45- to 1 hour.
- Serve and garnish with cheese.
*****This makes a large amount but freezes beautifully. If ever you have fresh corn maque choux put it in instead of canned corn. I have also added the leftover corn sauté mixture. The corn sauté mixture recipe was with the baked fish
This Post Has One Comment
Alice, THis is fabulous, very professional and keeps your attention with the changing video. Congratulations! It is about time you shared (on line) your talents with the rest of us. I LOVE IT!