CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE BREAD PUDDING WITH PRALINE SAUCEPRALINE SAUCE:½ c. firmly packed dark brown sugar¼ c.…
PEACHY STREUSEL PIE
¼ c. walnuts, finely ground in food processor
¼ c. pecans, finely ground in food processor
1 c. flour
½ c. dark brown sugar
¼ t. salt
8 T. butter, melted
3 lbs. sweet ripe peaches, sliced
1 T. sugar
1 T. quick-cooking Tapioca
Good quality store bought pie crust or homemade
Ice cream or whipped topping
1. Preheat oven 350 and place rack in middle position.
2. In bowl, combine walnuts, pecans, flour, brown sugar and salt.
3. Add butter and stir with a fork until mixture forms small clumps (break apart any large clumps with your fingers.). Set aside.
4. Gently mix peaches, sugar and tapioca in large bowl.
5. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Set aside.
6. Dust your counter and rolling pin with flour.
7. Roll dough into a 12” circle, about 1/8” thick.
8. Transfer dough to 9” deep dish glass pie plate.
9. Trim overhang to ½” and tuck edge under and crimp edge.
10. Pile peaches into crust, then top with streusel.
11. Put pan on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until topping and bottom crust are well browned, about 1 hour.
12. Let cool to room temp, at least 2-3 hours, before serving.
*****Serve with ice cream or whipped topping.