10 pkgs. Of dry Hidden Valley Ranch “Buttermilk Recipe” Original Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
10 c. olive oil
8 T. dried dillweed
8 T. lemon pepper
4 T. garlic powder
4 T. red pepper
4 T. black pepper
PARTY MIX (These are what I use. There are so many new types of crackers, nuts, etc. out there, so you can put what you like.) Due to so many new selections, that is why I have the word UPDATED on this recipe. My original is so old and did not have all these great choices back then.
2 (8-oz.) can whole cashews
1 (16-oz.) jar honey-roasted peanuts
1 (16-oz.) jar regular peanuts
1 (10-oz.) can jalapeno flavored or spicy nuts
1 (8-oz.) can mixed nuts
4-6 (9-oz.) bags oyster crackers
4 (8-oz.) bags of CHEX PARTY MIX (I use different flavored bags)
1 (10-oz.) box plain CHERRIOS
1 (10-12 oz.) box MULTICEREAL-this is usually like wheat, rice, corn chex
1(8-oz.) Triscuit-Mini Gouda Crackers
1 (9-oz.) box CHEEZ-IT DUOZ CRACKERS (These boxes have two types of flavors in each box.) I used: CHEDDAR JACK/SHARP CHEDDAR PRETZEL; SHARP CHEDDAR/PARMESAN; JALAPENO/CHEDDAR JACK.
Use your imagination and put the types of nibbles you like. If you cut the size of the nibble containers, you can cut the marinade as well.
1. In largest bowl, mix all your nuts and crackers.
2. In another bowl, mix the ingredients for the marinade.
3. Pour the marinade over the nuts/crackers. Mix well.
4. Pour the mix into large oven proof pots. Mix well.
5. Preheat oven 325.
6. Place pots in oven and bake for about 45 minutes. Stir about every 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and drain on paper towels, spread out and let cool.
8. Store in ziplock bags and freeze. These keep indefinitely.
9. When ready to serve, remove from freezer and let thaw at room temp. If you do not use them all, you can refreeze them. I have some that I have had for a year and they are still perfect. This is why I make large batches and just keep them on hand. Great nibbles.