Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 3 c. sugar
- 11 eggs
- 5 ½ c. buttermilk
- 2 lbs. pumpkin (fresh or canned)
- 2 T. baking soda
- 5 ½ c. cornmeal (yellow or white)
- 5 ½ c. flour
- 1 T. salt
- 2 T. baking powder
- ½ t. cinnamon
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 lb. butter, melted
- Preheat oven 350. Grease 7 standard muffin tins or individual skillets
- Mix sugar, eggs, buttermilk and pumpkin until blended and set aside.
- Blend all dry ingredients in separate bowl.
- Add pumpkin mixture to dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in melted butter.
- Pour 3 oz. of batter in each prepared muffin pan.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes.
*****A nice drizzle of honey on the hot cornbread is a nice addition.