Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 c. pecans
- 1 c. almonds
- ¾ c. honey, divided
- ¼ t. vanilla
- 12 dried pitted dates
- ⅛ t. salt
- ½ t. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 T. butter
- 2 (15-oz.) cans yam or sweet potato puree
- ½ c. apple cider
- ⅛ t. ground ginger
- ⅛ t. ground nutmeg
- ⅛ t. ground cloves
- ½ c. minced crystallized ginger
- 2 c. miniature marshmallows
- Dark chocolate shavings, garnish
- Preheat oven 170.
- In work bowl of food processor, add pecans and almonds and pulse until chopped.
- Add ¼ c. honey, vanilla, dates, salt, ¼ t. cinnamon and butter and process until finely chopped.
- Spread in a thin layer on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until crispy, about 3 hours. Let cool and cut into 3” squares.
- Place oven to 250. Spray a 13×9” baking dish with PAM.
- In work bowl of food processor, combine yam or sweet potato, apple cider, remaining ½ c. honey, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and remaining ¼ t. cinnamon. Process until smooth.
- Stir in crystallized ginger.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and cook 1 hour.
- Stir well and cook 30 minutes more. Let cool to room temperature.
- Increase oven to 300. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with PAM.
- Spread a ½” layer of yam/sweet potato butter on each cracker.
- Top with marshmallows and place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chocolate shavings. Serve.