Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 (16-oz.) refried beans
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- ¼ c. salsa
- 2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
- ¾ c. sliced ripe black olives, divided
- 4 (13.8-oz.) tubes refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven 350.
- In large skillet, cook beef or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Drain.
- In large bowl, combine beans, taco seasoning and salsa.
- Stir in beef, cheddar cheese and ¼ c. of olives.
- On lightly floured surface, unroll one pizza crust, cut into 25 circles with a 2” round cookie or biscuit cutter. Repeat with remaining pizza dough.
- Reroll scraps to form 50 balls.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon beef mixture on the center of half of the circles.
- Top with remaining circles, pinch the edges to seal.
- Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Gently shape into ghosts.
- Brush with egg whites.
- Press two dough balls into sides to form arms.
- Sprinkle with cheese and top each with sliced olives for the eyes and mouth.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cheese is melted.