- 3 lbs. assorted color and shaped tomatoes, sliced
- ½ c. diagonally sliced celery
- ½ c. firmly packed celery leaves
- Pickled green beans, lemon slices, fresh parsley, garnishes
- PICKLED SHRIMP:
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- ⅓ c. thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ c. good quality olive oil
- ¼ c. red wine vinegar
- 2 T. chopped fresh dill
- ¼ c. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt, black pepper, Creole seasoning
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 lb. peeled medium-sized cooked shrimp
- Stir together lemon slices, onion, olive oil, vinegar, dill, parsley, garlic and seasonings in a large bowl.
- Place in a zip lock bag.
- Add shrimp to coat.
- Seal and chill 4-6 hours.
- Remove shrimp, discard marinade.
- Taste shrimp for seasoning and add more if needed. Set aside.
½ c. Spicy Bloody Mary mix
¼ c. good quality olive oil
3 T. fresh lemon juice
1-2 T. prepared horseradish
1 t. black pepper
1 t. celery salt
Tabasco to taste
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1. Whisk together all ingredients and taste for additional seasonings.
2. Arrange tomatoes and sliced celery on large chilled platter.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over the tomatoes.
5. Spoon the pickled shrimp over the tomatoes and dressing.
6. Top with celery leaves.
7. Serve additional dressing on the side.