Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 ozs. cream cheese
- ½ c. Miracle Whip or mayo
- ¼ c. crumbled strong blue cheese
- 1 c. finely chopped celery
- Extra celery to cut into sticks for serving
- 1 T. butter
- 48 cocktail hot dogs
- ¼ c. Tabasco, plus extra
- 24 slider rolls
- ¼ c. finely chopped red onion
- 1 c. blue chips, crushed with your hands
- Combine cream cheese, mayo and blue cheese in small saucepan.
- Cook over moderate heat until smooth, stirring frequently.
- Set aside and cool completely, then stir in chopped celery.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Add the hot dogs and cook until heated thoroughly, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Tabasco sauce (put as much or little as you like). Make sure the hot dogs are coated with the mixture in skillet.
- Slice vertically through the rolls (so that it resembles the top of a hot dog bun).
- Place 2 hot dogs in each one.
- Top with 1-2 t. of blue cheese sauce, drizzle a little Tabasco, optional, some red onion and crushed blue chips.
*****You can serve the extra blue cheese sauce on the side with additional celery sticks.