Vickie’s Fabulous Chicken Pot Pie
VICKIE’S FABULOUS CHICKEN POT PIE
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 pre-made frozen pie crust (for bottom), thawed
- 1 refrigerated rolled-up pie crust (for top)
- 2-3 cups of cooked chicken, cut into bite size pieces or shredded
- ½ stick butter
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- Wondra flour
- 1 bag of frozen veggies, thawed
- 1 bag of frozen lima beans, thawed, optional
- Chicken broth
- Salt, red/black pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cooked chicken with the thawed veggies and season and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt butter and saute the chopped onion until tender.
- Add the Wondra or flour, a tablespoon at a time, and whisk in until you get a thicken mixture.
- Add the chicken and veggies.
- Add a little broth to loosen up the mixture but you do not want it runny. This adds flavor. Season to taste again.
- Pour the mixture into the thawed pie crust.
- Unroll the top pie crust over the top of the pie. Pinch the edges and trim off excess pastry. You can use the excess to make a design on top of pie with your initial or other design.
- Bake in preheated oven 350 for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until golden brown and bubbly throughout.
*****You can make these ahead and freeze. Thaw in refrigerator before baking. You can also use cooked turkey instead of chicken. You can add different veggies that you may like.