Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 (17 ¼-oz.) pkg. frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 4 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 t. salt
- 1 (8-oz.) pkg. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (4-oz.) pkg. crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ c. chopped onion
- 1 T. minced garlic
- ¼ c. finely chopped mixed fresh herbs (oregano, basil, chives, sage, rosemary, thyme and dill)
- Olive oil
- Roll 1 sheet of puff pastry into 14” square on a lightly floured surface.
- Place on baking sheet, sprayed with PAM.
- Cut 4 (12×1”) strips from remaining pastry sheet and place along edges on top of pastry square, forming a border.
- Bake at 400 for 10 minutes or until golden. Transfer to wire rack and cool.
- Place tomato slices on paper towel and sprinkle with salt and let stand 20 minutes.
- Place baked pastry shell on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Then sprinkle with feta, onion and garlic.
- Arrange tomato slices in single layer on top.
- Sprinkle with herbs and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 400 for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Serve immediately.