Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 6 medium yams or sweet potatoes, washed and dried
- 6 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ c. chopped green onion
- ½ c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven 475. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Microwave yams on HIGH for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Or you can bake them in 375 oven until tender but firm skins are formed.
- When yams are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out pulp. Save the pulp for other uses.
- Place yam skins on prepared baking sheet. Spray with PAM.
- Bake 5-8 minutes, turn and spray again.
- Bake until crispy.
- In a bowl, mix bacon, green onion and cheese.
- Sprinkle inside the cavity of yam.
- Bake 2-3 minutes more until cheese is melted.
*****You can use the leftover pulp to make mashed potatoes. You can add hot milk, salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste.