Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 4 qts. Broth (beef, chicken or veggie broth)
- 1 gallon water
- 1 (16-oz.) container chopped onion mix
- 1 lb. bag waffle cut or baby cut carrots
- 4 medium turnips, peeled and cubed
- 4 medium yams, cubed
- 1 lb. container cubed butternut squash
- 1 lb. bag frozen lima beans
- 2 lb. bag frozen mixed veggies
- 2 lb. bag cole slaw (I like to use the one that has red cabbage, white cabbage and shredded carrots)
- 8-10 medium red potatoes, cubed, optional
- 2 (15-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and liquid
- 2-3 lbs. stew meat, seasoned, optional
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders, cut into pieces, seasoned, optional
- 3 bay leaves
- Salt, red/black pepper, garlic powder
- 3 cans condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom or celery soup
- 1 (16-oz.) bag medium egg noodles
- In a very large stock or gumbo pot, pour all the broth in.
- Add all the veggies, meat and chicken. Mix well.
- Add the 1 gallon of water or more to have the mixture covered by 4-6 inches of water.
- Add the soups and mix well. Season.
- Let simmer until all veggies are tender.
- Add the noodles and cook until done.
- Taste for seasoning. Serve or put into containers and freeze.