Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- 1 small yam (will need about ¾ c.)
- 1 (14-oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ c. plus 2 T. tahini
- 2 T. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 T. minced garlic
- Sea salt and red pepper
- 3-4 T. water
- Preheat oven 425.
- Wrap yam in foil and place on baking tray. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove foil and scoop out the flesh. Discard skin.
- Add yam, chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to food processor.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add 1 T. of water at a time until hummus is smooth, thick and spreadable. Taste for additional seasoning.
*****Can be made 3 days in advance and frozen for 1 month.