Corny Chicken Chili
CORNY CHICKEN CHILI
Recipe By: Alice Morrow
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 2 fresh jalapenos, seeded (one chopped and the other sliced)
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 2 c. shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 (15-oz.) cans large white beans or pinto beans (1 drained, 1 undrained)
- 1 c. frozen corn kernels, thawed
- ½ c. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 c. shredded Monterey jack or favorite cheese
- Sour cream to topping
- Drizzle olive oil in bottom of large pot and put over medium heat.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, chopped jalapeno, green chilies and cumin. Cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in broth chicken and beans and liquid from one of the canned beans.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 12-15 minutes.
- Using a potato masher, mash the chili until about half of the bans are broken up.
- Stir in corn, cilantro and ½ c. cheese.
- Serve in bowls and top with remaining cheese, sliced jalapeno and sour cream.